Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Best way to start classes this year!

    I am scratching my head on how to start my STEAM classes for 6th thru 8th! I want to make progress towards moving to content my class and making project, but also not overwhelming my kids. 
So.....hhmmm 👀  
I am just going to start jotting some ideas down then make my first week in my notebooks. Firstly, I need to finish a syllabus that is updated for the virtual learning area with community norms and standards. Secondly, I am realizing that my scientific method and engineering design will be more like 2 or 3 week!
Just want to get to some fun activities for the class......going over rules is super non-exciting. 


Ideas:
1. Using a menti poll to gauge the room -> Get in the social emotional learning and start building my community with students!
2. Must go over syllabus, community norms, Google classroom, etc. 😒😒
3. Technology goal is introducing Menti, Google classroom, Adobe Spark, OneNote, FlipGrid, and classroom platform
4. What platform to do the lectures for students? (Zoom or Teams....such awesome choices 🙈🙉🙊)
5. Summer project with Adobe Spark 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lab Safety and Online Safety for STEAM (3rd Day of Class)

 Teaching of safety to our students is not a highlight of the class and it can be boring....so I used a variety of teaching platforms to mak...