Sunday, August 2, 2020

Start of 2020-21 School Year: Goals

I have several thoughts about starting a new year and hope all the professional development can come to use. I feel this class setting is going to full of tears and grit from myself and the students, but keep this message for myself on to keep going and growing as a teacher. Now, my goals for this year our just stay sane and just take 9 weeks at a time since I get new students every 9 weeks as the STEAM teacher.  Other goals for my teaching include:
1. Professional development each month (Sphero, PBS, DE, BrainPOP, etc.)
2. Finish the weebly  website for Cognia certification 
3. Creation of mini-PBLs or STEAM challenge for students each month for 6th thru 8th grades  
4. Write 3 articles for Science Scope  
5. Present at a education conference either in-person or online  



A reminder for myself in these upcoming hard months with my kids (Jennasia, Jayden, and Jacory) this summer break!



 List of accomplishments (so I can remember.....so much going on): 
  • BrainPOP Certified Educator
  • Flip Grid Ambassador
  • Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE, STEM I, STEM II, so many more)
  • Adobe Creative Educator
  • STAR Discovery Educator
  • ISTE Summer Learning Academy 2020 
  • Culturally and Historically Relevant Pedagogy
  • Anti-Racist Pedagogy 
  • Applied to be a Sphere Hero
  • Working on Google Certified Teacher Level 1 and 2


List of apps using for class: 
  1. Flip Grid
  2. Sway
  3. Jamboard
  4. Menti
  5. Google classroom
  6. Google Forms 
  7. OneNote

Make it an interesting year! 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lab Safety and Online Safety for STEAM (3rd Day of Class)

 Teaching of safety to our students is not a highlight of the class and it can be boring....so I used a variety of teaching platforms to mak...